This week's special gin comes from Vincent, one of the founding brothers of Do Your Gin!
Making your own gin is definitely fun and exciting, but you don't have to stop there. You can also infuse your gin afterwards by adding fruits and spices to a ready-made gin.
It’s a cold and wet winter in Berlin - a spicy, warm, vitamin-rich cocktail is what you want. What goes better with cold weather than cinnamon!
Here's the recipe:
- 75 cl gin
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Pour the gin into a clean sterilised jar.
- Slice the orange (keep peel on) and add to the jar along with the sugar and cinnamon sticks
- Shake until the sugar has fully dissolved.
- Leave for at least 48 hours in a cool, dark place.
- Strain through a filter or through a fine mesh sieve to remove any bits and decant into a bottle.